Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Amigurumi Style Attack~!

I stumbled across this crochet style while on Overstock.com and was inspired by the cute teddy bears on the front cover of "Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi"

I decided this should be my weekend craft, and so I set about purchasing my goods. (without even making sure I had the right size crochet hook for the right kind of yarn, which resulted in 2 store trips.)
Unfortunately, no bookstores near me had this book in stock, and I didn't really feel like waiting, so I took to the internet. There are a variety of resources and videos that teach you the basics of how to make various items. It took me a frustrating hour to get the basics down and really get into the rhythm to where I could actually create a shape and understand the lingo. After about an hour I made a shape.
I didn't exactly have a guide, so I based my Teddy on the basics I had grasped from various videos, and what I wanted him to look like. Although my limited skill didn't get me to where I exactly wanted to be, I was happy with my end result after an entire night of Amigurmi.
I call him Teddy Wellington.
He happens to be very soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment